Chief Scientific Officer
Honors & Awards
Tests & Research
- Cheekurhty AJP, Rambabu C, Kumar A (2015) Association of New Single Nucleotide Polymorphism with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. J Diabetes Metab 6:530. doi:10.4172/2155-6156.1000530
- Amit kumar Sharda Avadhanam, Amita Kashyap (ICACT 2013) ‘Investigating contributors of the mixed DNA Samples by forensic Bioinformatics; Uncertainity to certainity for crime Laboratories’,“IEEE Explore” Aug 2013
- C Radha, Amit kumar, P Laxminarayana (ICACT 2013) ‘Multiple Sequence Allignment; A quick Tour’,“IEEE Explore”
- Anupam Bhattacharya, Anupam B, Amita Kashyap (ICACT 2013) ‘Antigenic Epitope prediction of small envelope protein and designing a vaccine by using Reverse vaccinology approach against SARS Coronavirus Tor2 strain’ “IEEE Explore”
- Vinit Kumar Gunjan, Amit Kumar, Sharda Avadhanam (ICACT 2013) ‘A Survey of Cyber Crime in India’ “IEEE Explore”
- Amitkumar Anandrao Khade, Amit Kumar 243-246 (2013)‘Prevalence and Comparative Assessment of adverse Drug Reactions in Dots with Focus on HIV Negative patients in Karad Region’, “International Research Journal of Pharmacy” 2013 (4) 3
- Dharmaiah Devarapalli, Allam Apparao, M R Narasinga Rao, Amit Kumar, G R Sridhar ‘A Multi Layer Perceptron (MLP) Neural Network Based Diagnosis of Diabetes using Brain Derived Neurotrophic Factor (BDNF) Levels’, International Journal of Advanced Computing, Vol. 35 , Issue.12
- Amitkumar Anandrao Khade,, Amit Kumar 243-246 (2013)‘Prevalence and Comparative Assessment of adverse Drug Reactions in Dots with Focus on HIV Negative patients in Karad Region’, Helix Vol.1, Issue 1
- Vinit Kumar Gunjan, Pooja, Monika Kumari, Amit Kumar, Allam appa rao‘Search engine optimization with Google’, International Journal of Computer Science Issues, Vol. 9, Issue 1, No 3, January 2012
- Allam Apparao, Gundlapally Jyothsna, Pulipati Shalini, Amit Kumar 155-160 (2012)‘An Insilico approach to design the mutated 3D structure of BCHE using AB initio method and testing the efficacy of the selected ligands in inhibiting the S226G mutation’, Helix Vol.1, Issue 2
- Allam Appa Rao, Anupam Bhattacharya, Amit Kumar*, Amita Kashyap, GR Sridhar 207-215 (2012)‘Designing Inhibitors against HOX domain mutations of PDX-1 and studying its association in Diabetes’, International Journal of Computer Science Issues, Vol. 9, Issue 2, No 2, March 2012
- Allam Appa Rao, Gundlapally Jyothsna, Pulipati Shalini, Amit Kumar2*, Anupam Bhattacharya, Amita Kashyap 276-280 (2012)‘Exploring the role of BCHE in the onset of Diabetes, Obesity and Neurological Disorders’, Bioinformation, Volume 8(6)
- Parija, S. and Kumar, A. (2011) ‘A structural bioinformatics approach to explore the interactions of P53 and BRCA1 gene products on ovarian and breast cancer’, Int. J. Bioinformatics Research and Applications, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp.1–14
• Kumar, A. and Jadhav, C. (2011) ‘Genotypic prediction of resistant mutation in HIV-1 pol gene towards the antiretroviral drugs’, Int. J. Bioinformatics Research and Applications, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp.15–23.
- Mishra, J., Kumar, A., Das, S. and Srivastava, A. (2010) ‘Ingenuity in pattern recognition:a novel bioinformatics approach towards lung cancer identification’,Int. J. Bioinformatics Research and Applications, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp.531–541.
- K. A, S. S, K. V, C. K, S. A & K. R : Critical Role Of Proline And Glycine Conservation With Repeats In Neurodegenerative Disorders. The Int Journal of Neurology. 2010 Volume 12 Number 2
- S. Bulusu, A. Kumar, S. Parija & Amita : A Comprehensive Analysis Of Multiple Myeloma Genes Using Advanced Bioinformatics Tools. The Int Journal of Medical Informatics. 2010 Volume 5 Number 2
- M. Nimmala, A. Rao & A. Kumar : Insilico Methodolgy – Resistin Involved In Diabesity. The Int Journal of Bioengineering. 2010 Volume 4 Number 2
• Kumar Amit, Naveen S, Shambhavi Srivastava, Amita “Critical Role of Tetra Proline Repeats in Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid Arthritis”(#243) PRIB Singapore, 2007
- Neetu Jabalia, Amit Kumar, Neelajali Srivastav, Jatinder Kaur “Conservation of “Mfcag” and “Aahc” Patterns in Insulin Resistance Syndrome and Other Coagulation Factor Disorders”, PRIB Singapore 2007
- Manisha Bhala, Amit Kumar, Ravikant Kumar, Vijayalakshmi Kasu “Involvement of TGKF & FTYDQ Pattern Conservation in Diabetes and Obesity” PRIB Singapore 2007
- Pankaj Kalra, Amit Kumar “Involvement of “Ldre” Pattern in Pemphigus Foliaceus” PRIB Singapore, 2007
- Amit Kumar “Lethal Protein for Muscular Dystrophy May Light a new Druggable target for Muscular dystrophy” Celnet, 2006
- Image Processing in Diabetic Related Causes– Springer 2015
- Biotechnology and Bioinformatics– Springer 2013
- Chapter on “Designing of Anti-Cancer Drug targeted to Bcl-2 Associated Athanogene (BAG1) protein” the Book Bioinformatics ISBN 978-953-307-282-1
- Organization member of the book entitled “Pattern Recognition in Bioinformatics” published by Springer- 2008 ISSN 0302 9743
- Experience in working with Police departments for helping and supporting DNA Evidence collection training for Collection, Packaging and Transportation (Till this time I have experience with AP, Orissa and Bihar Police)
- Experience in Genome sequencing, Molecular and genetic Diagnostic techniques, Tools and the clinical implications, Animal labs, toxicology complications etc.
- Forensic Bioinformatics, NGS Data analysis (Beginner), Managing Customized Bioinformatics tool Development teams, Signal Processing in Bioinformatics data analysis
- Experience in sequence analysis, docking studies, comparative genomics, and population genetics in evolutionary studies using the dry lab and wet lat techniques.
- Extensive use of biological, protein and genomic databases, sequence analysis software and phylogenetics related softwares.
- Computational Intelligence, Forensic Bioinformatics, Computational Biology
- Applications of Diagnostic techniques, DNA Forensics, Cell culture techniques, Animal trials for vaccine candidates.
- Sequence level: Genome sequencing, sequence analysis of amino acids/DNA, Prediction of secondary & tertiary structure of Protein, Motif identification, remote homology identification, evolutionary related studies using phylogenetics, domain identification, conserved orthologue identification and prediction of sub-cellular localization, NGS
- Genome level: comparative genomics, Genomic DNA from Mammalian cells, Isolation of gene, Recombinant plasmid DNA Isolation, Expressing a protein of interest in various expression systems.
- Molecular simulation studies.
- Population genetics studies.
- Computation: Database creation, data mining and bioinformatics software development.
Member- IEEE Region 10 SAC (2015)
Treasurer- IEEE Hyderabad Section (2013-2015)
Member- IEEE Ad hoc committee on “Gaining Global Perspectives on Conferences” (2015)
Member- IEEE Ad Hoc Committee on Corporate Engagement (2013)
Chairman- Computational Intelligence Society, IEEE Hyderabad Section (2009-2012)
Secretary- IEEE Hyderabad Section (2011-2012)
Chairman- Resource Development Committee, IEEE Hyderabad Section (2010)
Research Associate – Infoscience Technologies Hyderabad (2009)
PHD THESIS ADJUDICATION
PhD Adjudication: Andhra University,Vishakaptnam.
Thesis entitled “Computational Docking Aalysis of Diabesity”- A Bioinformatics Approach – Andhra University Vishakapatnam
Thesis Entitled “Diabetic Nephropathy Genes- Insilico Phylogenetic Analysis and Docking Studies of Therapeutic ligands from Marine Organisms”- Andhra University Vishakapatnam
- IEEE SYC Colombo 2015
- General Chair, Mini POCO 2015- Rajampeta, Andhra Pradesh
- Publication Chair International Conference on Computational Intelligence in Health and Disease 2015- Vishakapatnam
- Publication Chair- 2015- TENSYMP Ahmedabad
- Publication Chair- ADCOM 2015, Chennai
- General Chair-DNA 2014-“Next Generation DNA Led Technologies” at CRRAO AIMSCS, University of Hyderabad
- General Chair-IEEE Conference organizers workshop 2015 at Hyderabad
- Special session on “Bioinformatics in Drug Discovery” and presented an Invited keynote talk on Forensic Bioinformatics at 2013 IEEE Symposium Series on Computational Intelligence, IEEE SSCI 2013 (15 Mon -19 Fri April 2013), Singapore
- General Chair-IEEE Hyderabad Section Conference organizers workshop 2013 at Hyderabad
- General Chair-DNA 2012-“Innovations in the Changing World” at CRRAO AIMSCS, University of Hyderabad
- General Chair-IEEE Hyderabad Section Conference organizers workshop 2012 at Vishakapatnam
- IEEE Panel of Conference Organizers (POCO) 2012 held at Budapest, Hungary
- Organizing Committee Member and Bioinformatics Track Chair-INDICON 2011 (Flagship National Conference of IEEE India Council) at BITS Pilani Hyderabad Campus
- International Organizing Committee Member and Invited Speaker at SEMFANCCO 2011 at Vishakapatnam
- IEEE POCO 2011 at Beijing China
- General Chair-DNA 2011-“THE SCIENCE OF DNA FINGERPRINTING Past, Present and the Future” at GSI Auditorium Lucknow (In Collaboration with Uttar Pradesh Police Department)
- General Chair-DNA 2010-“THE SCIENCE OF DNA FINGERPRINTING IN CRIME INVESTIGATION” at Osmania University
- Special session on “Computational intelligence in Biomedical Sciences and DNA Forensics” at World congress on computational Intelligence 2010, Spain
- General Chair- DNA 2009-“DNA THE DECISIVE EVIDENCE” at Andhra Pradesh Police Academy
- Organized Special session on Evolutionary Computation at PRIB-2008, Monash University Australia
- Biotech 2007 conference at Indian Institute of toxicology Research (IITR) Lucknow-CSIR India (Gold Medal awarded to Reverse vaccinology paper)
- PRIB Singapore-2007 (Best Research paper award to the Research Group)
- Molecular Diagnostics Conference cum Hand on Workshop at Reliance life Sciences in 2008 at Mumbai
- Neurology Conference at National Brain Research Centre (NBRC) in 2007, Manesar
- Organized several IEEE Symposiums/Workshops/Tutorials
Certificate of Merit for Independent study paper on Lethal Effect of Genes from the Board of Assessment of Junior Fellowship and Scientific Research , Navi Mumbai
Bioinformatics and Computational Biology, IIT Roorkee
Molecular and Genetic Diagnostic techniques and Clinical Applications, Reliance Life Sciences Mumbai